NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Twitter is not affiliated with, nor has Twitter sponsored or endorsed this Sweepstakes.
SPONSOR and ADMINISTRATOR: Carnival Cruise Line, 3655 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33178.
1. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada who are at least the age of majority in their state or province, who are registered members, in good standing of Twitter.com (“Twitter”). You must be a registered member of Twitter in order to participate in this Sweepstakes. Registration and membership on Twitter is free and registration can be obtained by going to Twitter.com and following the online instructions to open a free account. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter.
2. TIMING. This Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 24, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 2, 2015 or when Sponsor receives one million (1,000,000) Entries whichever occurs first (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the sweepstakes at any time and award only prizes for entries received prior to the termination.
If you choose to enter via a mobile Twitter account, standard message and data rates by your mobile carrier may apply, and you may receive reply messages via text by Sponsor. To stop these messages, please check and adjust your settings on your mobile phone. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges related to tweets made by or messages received via mobile phone.
Conditions Concerning the Entries:
a. The Entry may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
b. The Entry must be your original work, created solely by you, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
c. If any person appears in the Entry, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to sending the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of such person(s) name(s) by Sponsor as set forth in these Official Rules. If any person appearing in the Entry is under the age of majority in their state, country or province of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
d. The Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than you. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Entry, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
e. The Entry must not contain any commercial content or logos.
f. The Entry may not have been previously published and may not have won previous awards.
By entering, you agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by those who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed telephone or computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information on Twitter or any website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in your disqualification.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the Twitter account on the date the Entry is submitted. As used in this Sweepstakes, “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account or an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) responsible for assigning a Twitter account or email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted Entry. Any Potential Winner (defined below) may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that such Potential Winner is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account or email address associated with the Entry. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE AND TWEET WINNER SELECTION/ODDS/WINNER NOTIFICATION.
Grand Prize Winner Selection. One (1) potential grand prize winner will be selected from among all qualified Entries received during the Entry Period, according to Sponsor’s time clock, in a random drawing to be held on or before February 5, 2015.
Tweet Prize Winner Selection. The person who submits the 50,000th, 150,000th, 250,000th, 400,000th, 500,000th and 750,000th Tweet will be selected as a Tweet Prize Winner. If the sweepstakes is terminated before any of these thresholds have been reached, the remaining Tweet Prizes will not be awarded.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. You need not be on Twitter or online during any winner selection to win. Potential winners will be notified by direct message from @Carnivalplc. Potential winners must provide via Twitter a direct response within two (2) days of the date of notification (the “Deadline”), with his/her full name and mailing address (“Mailing Information”) where Sponsor can send the potential winners an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (the “Documents”) which the potential winners will be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor. The address contained in the Mailing Information must be a street address (no P.O. boxes). If a potential winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the notification by the Deadline, he/she and his/her Entry will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected from all remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Once Sponsor receives a potential winner's Mailing Information and signed Documents, Sponsor shall declare that potential winner is a winner (“Winner ”). If the Documents are not required by Sponsor, which shall be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, potential winner will be named a Winner upon Sponsor’s receipt of the Mailing Information via by the Deadline. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of delivery of the notification through use of Twitter’s response functionality described herein. Return of any notification or prize will result in disqualification, and an alternate potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Sponsor shall repeat the potential winner selection and notification procedures set forth herein until a qualified Winner has been selected, only if time permits.
Canadian Residents: If a potential winner is a Canadian resident, in order to be awarded a prize, he/she must first correctly answer unaided a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question by telephone at a predetermined mutually agreeable time. In the event that he/she is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, potential winner forfeits the prize and the Sponsor shall have the right to randomly draw another potential winner, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility to such potential winner in this regard.
Grand Prize. One winner will receive one hundred (100) Cruise Days (hereinafter defined) (the “Grand Prize”) which can be redeemed onboard any of Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruise Lines or Holland America Line (collectively, the “Participating Lines”) cruise ships departing from and returning to a United States port. A “Cruise Day” means each day of a cruise itinerary offered by one of the Participating Lines. Winner can redeem Cruise Days for up to one (1) ocean view cabins on a 3, 4, 7 or 10-day cruise onboard a Participating Line. Winner can bring up to one (1) travel guest (double occupancy accommodations for each cabin) at no extra cost for each cruise taken by Winner utilizing Cruise Days. Cruise Days will be redeemed on a per traveler, per day basis (e.g. a 10-day cruise with Winner and 1 travel guest will require redemption of 20 Cruise Days — 2 travelers x 10 days). Prize consists of cruise fare only. No more than twenty (20) Cruise Days may be redeemed in any calendar year. Cruise Days must be redeemed within ten (10) years from awarding of the Prize or the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to Winner.
Tweet Prizes: Each Tweet Prize winner will receive one (1) ocean view cabin for the Tweet Prize Winner and one (1) travel guest on a 3, 4 or 7 day cruise on a Participating Line cruise ship departing from and returning to a United States port (each a “Tweet Prize”). Tweet Prize Winners must take trip within one year of receipt of the Tweet Prize.
The Grand Prize and Tweet Prizes may hereinafter be referred to individually as a “Prize”.
6. GRAND PRIZE AND TWEET PRIZE CONDITIONS. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability, restrictions and blackout dates. Winner must notify Sponsor of desired dates of travel no later than thirty (30) days prior to the desired date of departure. Sponsor does not guarantee Prize will be available on the exact dates requested by Winner. Current Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of redeeming a 3, 4, 7 or 10-day cruise onboard a Participating Line for Winner and a Travel Guest: $2,800 - $4,000. Actual value of a Prize will vary depending on Participating Line, duration of the cruise(s) taken, seasonal rates and, solely with respect to the Grand Prize, the year in which Cruise Days are redeemed. Any difference between stated and actual value will not be awarded. All airfare, hotel, ground transportation, gratuities, taxes, fees and port expenses, excursions fees, alcoholic beverages and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. Travel guests must be 21 years of age or older. No “Vacation Guarantee” or similar type offer shall apply to the Prize. All terms and conditions of the applicable Participating Line’s Standard Ticket Contract of Passage, as well as any other rules, regulations and guidelines of the Participating Line, shall be applicable to the Prize. Winner and travel guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (including but not limited to a valid passport or other document) required for travel. No cash redemptions. If Prize is cancelled after ticketing of Prize, for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
As a condition of participating by the travel guest, he/she must sign a liability/publicity release (“Release”) prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel must be made through Sponsor.
All Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and no substitution will be allowed, except by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize may not be redeemed for cash, nor may it be offered for sale or auction, and can be substituted only, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, with prizes of equal or greater value. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Prize selection at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any portion of a prize not accepted by a Winner will be forfeited, and the Sponsor shall not be responsible for any inability of Winner to accept or use any portion of the prize for any reason.
All applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. If Winner of the Prize is a U.S. resident, he/she will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the trip(s) taken during the calendar tax year and he/she will be solely responsible for applicable taxes or other fees, including but not limited to all federal, state and local income taxes connected to the prize. Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes and Canadian residents are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax.
Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
8. LIMITATION ON USE OF TWITTER. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Twitter service that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use Twitter for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Twitter, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Sweepstakes.
In order to participate in the Sweepstakes without receiving tweets on your mobile phone, be sure to deactivate your mobile phone from your Twitter account. Any damage made to the Twitter service will be the responsibility of the Authorized Account Holder at the time of entry. It is the Authorized Account Holder’s responsibility to set his/her account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check his/her Twitter account for any direct messages or @Replies. If you opt to receive Sponsor’s tweets, including any prize notification or other Sweepstakes-related tweets, via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), standard message and data rates may apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging and data rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile phone and text message means that you understand that you may receive additional text messages from Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes, including to notify you if you are a Potential Winner in this Sweepstakes, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Cell phone service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
9. INTERNET/TWITTER. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including the malfunction of Twitter or infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or Twitter or any website, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the Winners from all eligible Entries in a random drawing received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or service providers, telephone or computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on Twitter or the Internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Twitter or the website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to your or any other person's telephone or computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
11. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY TWITTER OR ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISPUTES. You agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Miami, Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or your rights and obligations or that of the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Florida.
13. PUBLICITY. By accepting the Prize, unless prohibited by law, you consent that Sponsor may use your name, statements, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, city and state, statements concerning the Sweepstakes, or Sponsor’s services or products in perpetuity throughout the world without further compensation or notice for purpose of Sponsor’s advertising, promotion, and merchandising purposes without additional compensation or prior approval, and grant all rights to edit or modify and to publish and copyright it.
14. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES. For a Winners List or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: #LoveCruising Sweepstakes, Winner's List/Official Rules, c/o Carnival Cruise Line, 3655 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33178, to be received no later than March 2, 2015.